Financial Resources

Where to get help


Local Housing and Bill-Paying Assistance
Gig Harbor/Peninsula FISH Food Bank administers both rental and utility assistance to Key Peninsula and Gig Harbor residents. 253-858-6179

Emergency Housing Assistance
Housing assistance
for eligible Pierce County residents behind on their rent and mortgage payments, or in need of temporary housing.  Note: The eviction moratorium has been extended through the end of 2020. For more information call (253) 841-8886 ext. 800 or email:

Emergency Small Business Relief Loans and Loan Forgiveness
Small businesses that have experienced significant economic injury as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic may apply for this loan program if they meet certain criteria. Loan amounts of $1,000 per full-time employee will be awarded up to $20,000. Loans will be offered to qualified applicants at no interest and no payments for 12 months. Applications will be accepted until funds are exhausted.

NEW: Loan Recipients May Now Apply for Loan Forgiveness 
The Pierce County Council and Executive passed an ordinance that allows emergency small business relief loans to be forgiven if certain conditions are met related to COVID-19 workplace safety practices.  Businesses must apply by 5 p.m. Dec. 4.

Washington Small Business Loans and Grants

The state is accepting applications for $50 million in new small business loans and grants. Apply here.

State Resources for Residents
The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions has numerous financial resources for residents affected by COVID-19, including housing assistance, help with utilities, unemployment assistance, credit card payment, student loan relief, and household expense relief.

Assistance for Workers
Local bankers, financial associations, telecoms, utilities and major employers that may be able to provide relief with deferred bills, waived fees, discounts, no-interest loans and other support.  

Health Insurance
The Washington State Insurance Commissioner can help answer questions about getting insurance and coverage for damages related to COVID-19. Go to insurance commission or call 1-800-562-6900.

Department of Health
The Washington State Department of Health has a call center to answer questions. If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, or how the virus is spread, please call 1-800-525-0127. Phone lines are currently staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week. Please note that this call center cannot access COVID-19 testing results.

Additional resources